What are Cookies and how they work?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a We server. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of the cookie and also allow the Website to remember navigation preferences and navigate efficiently. Cookies make the interaction between the user and the Website faster and easier.
Cookies can only store text, usually it is always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can it be associated with any identified or identifiable person. The data allows this website to keep your information between pages, and also to analyze how you interact with the website. Cookies are secure because they can only store information that has been put in place by the browser, which is information that has been entered by the user into the browser or included in the page request. You cannot execute the code and it cannot be used to access your computer. If a website encrypts the cookie information, only the website can read the information.
Types of cookies used
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Cookies used on Beststepsabroad
Own cookies: These are session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human, not automated applications. This is how we fight spam.
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies in order to compile statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this sense should be done by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram): Each social network uses its own cookies to share content with the buttons included for this purpose or with the sharing tools of the networks themselves.
Consent and Cookie setting.
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behaviour of a cookie or to disable cookies within the configuration or options of the browser. The steps to do so are different for each browser, instructions can be found in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. The links below will tell you more about which cookies you have installed, allowing their installation, blocking them or removing them from your computer. Depending on which browser you use, you can follow one of the links below:
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here or how to block, enable or allow cookies click here.
- For more information about Chrome, click here.
- For more information about Safari, click here.
- For more information about Firefox, click here.
- The web browsers are the tools in charge of storing the cookies and from this place you must make your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of the cookies by the aforementioned browsers
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.