Required documents

* This information will be updated at the moment BSA can receive students after Covid 19. What mentioned here are the documents required in normal situations. We´ll update the information once we have more information.

U.S. citizens traveling to Spain are subject to COVID-19 entry restrictions. Please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on the specific entry/exit requirements. 

Spain is a party to the Schengen Agreement. This means that U.S. citizens may enter Spain for up to 90 days for tourism or business without a visa. Your passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay. You must have sufficient funds and a return airline ticket. Visit the Embassy of Spain website for the most current visa information.

Traveling Through Europe: If you are planning to visit, transit and/or travel through European countries, you should be familiar with the requirements of the Schengen Agreement. 

  • Your passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay. If you plan on transiting a Schengen country, review our U.S. Travelers in Europe page.    
  • You will need sufficient proof of funds and a return plane ticket.  
  • You will need to have your own health insurance.
  • For additional information about visas for the Schengen area, see the Schengen Visa page.

Students: Students should visit the Embassy of Spain website for additional information on entry requirements. You should not travel to Spain as a student without the appropriate Spanish visa. U.S. citizen students have been denied entry and held in immigration detention at Spanish airports awaiting return flights to the United States because they lacked the appropriate visa.

If you also want to do some kind of internship or social volunteering with minors, you will need the FBI Certificate of Criminal Record.

Scroll to top
Skip to content